22.9.13

High time for some High Tea

You guys! I've been MIA for an uber long time.... Life has been hectic!

Here's what I've been up to:

  • Becoming an officially official New Zealand Registered Nurse!!! yay!! Finished my final clinical placement, passed state finals, and finished! Bachelor of Nursing, check - done! Three years has gone by sooo quickly!! 
  • WORKING as a Registered Nurse!! I've been working for about eight weeks now in a specialized area of nursing... So much to learn, but absolutely loving it and so excited about the opportunity! 
  • Trying to juggle being a mom, working full-time, keeping the house clean (!?!?), feeding us health food daily, keeping in contact with friends and family, exercising regularly and going to bed by 9pm! Yipes! It's tiring! How do all you out there do it?!?! I would love some tips!! But, I think I'm finally getting into the swing of it... 
Anyways, onto the high tea! As many of you know, I am a 'member' of an exclusive group that NO ONE wants to belong to. But, thankfully it is there for those that need it - the Child Cancer Foundation. I haven't really been very active in the group recently, and thought that it's time for that to change. I need to continue to grieve, and it's amazing being with other mom's who have been on a similar journey... 

So another CCF mom, Tracy and I jumped in a car and headed to Wellington to meet up with other CCF mom's who 'get it'. High tea was just what we all needed, and we had such a fun time! Delicious!! :)




PS The cupcake was amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment